As a rapidly growing business, we are continually looking to recruit and develop new talent at all levels
The basis of our business quite simply starts and ends with ensuring we hire the very best people. We strive to make every experience of contact with Aktrion outstanding. This means putting both you and our customers at the forefront of everything we do.
As part of our expanding operations, we are continually recruiting for new roles across a range of skills and professions. See below for our current vacancies to which you can apply.
The Aktrion Group have a number of exciting opportunities available for the position of Bindery Assistant, working for a well-established client based in the Sheffield area.
To combine or insert printed sheets into finished products such as books, magazines and catalogues. Ideally applicants will have previous experience of working on Ferag and Muller lines in a fast paced working environment. Experience supervising small teams would also be advantageous.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and integrate in to an established team
- Motivated and willing to help all departments
Previous experience in a similar role
Aktrion Media Division require skilled and experienced machine operators for one of our existing operations located in Bicester. Joining an established and hardworking bindery team.
All positions are to cover 24/7 – Days, nights & weekends on a shift pattern, working an average 42 hour week.
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving and growing production business, with a wealth of opportunities for the future and a growing reputation within the industry.
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to work on their own initiative
- Have the motivation to succeed in a fast moving finishing department
Candidates must have a proven background of operating one or more of the following items of finishing equipment:
• Ferag saddle stitching and trimming
• Muller ‘Corona’ perfect binding
• Muller ‘Tempo’ stitching
• Demographics (& polybagging) operation
Night Shift Manager
This position would suit someone looking for their first full time position in management.
We are currently seeking a responsible, motivated, team centred Night Shift Manager to join our established team.
- A graduate with management qualifications. Print manufacturing experience a distinct advantage but not necessary as training will be given to the right candidate.
- Excellent team working skills with an ability to be flexible.
- Good decision making and delegating skills.
- Good problem solving skills and excellent communication skills.
- Good numeric and literacy skills.
- A capacity to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Aptitude to manage and co-ordinate the activities of those within the team.
- Mechanical appreciation of equipment and moving parts.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills, be able to work on their own initiative and have the motivation to succeed in a fast moving environment.
Trainee Maintenance Assistant
The candidate will under supervision be required to undertake routine preventative maintenance on a variety of press equipment and pm’s. To work flexibly as part of a team to meet the clients business needs acting with honesty and integrity. Currently learning or has been apprenticed or currently learning/attained appropriate NVQ qualifications (mechanical / electrical)
•Planned preventative maintenance tasks
•Servicing various press related equipment
•Compliance with operational standards and procedures
•Utilising the computer based maintenance system to report task completion.
•Maintain and improve skills by both self-development and client in house training.
- Currently learning or has been apprenticed or currently learning/attained appropriate NVQ qualifications (mechanical / electrical)
- Experience in maintenance tasks within a production environment would be an advantage.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- PC competent
- Ability to work safely with basic health and safety competencies.
- A flexible approach and willingness to work in different areas within the building.
- Team working skills and an ability to integrate with fellow Aktrion and client
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. We expect all staff to contribute by embracing diversity and working with their colleagues from all backgrounds professionally and effectively. Our objective is to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities.