Headlines and deadlines: Working with the UK’s leading national newspaper titles
We work with the leading producer of newspapers within the UK with recognised household titles including The Times and The Sun. The company has made significant investment into dedicated print facilities at three main sites across the UK.
We provide over 400 people, or 60% of the resources required, across all three sites within the UK. The plants run 24/7, 364 days per year. We are heavily involved in the client’s change process and play a key role in driving continuous improvement.
We meet our customers’ requirements for:
- Establishing flexible working practices throughout the operations
- Implementing cost down solutions to resource management
- Managing the transition from old sites to new operations
- Three geographic locations
- Driving continuous improvement.
Scope of service
- All material handling requirements for the site, including Clamp, Counterbalance and Reach FLT’s
- Press maintenance
- Pre-press operations – plate making
- Loading and unloading of all vehicles on-site
- Vehicle management and scheduling
- FLT training for all Aktrion and client personnel
- Post-press operations – bundling, palletising and despatch of all newsprint.
- Detailed performance management systems to ensure predictability
- Ongoing improvement identification and implementation plans
- Effective administration and audit procedures to manage and improve health & safety
- Training and development plans for all Aktrion staff to improve skill level and increase flexibility
- Development of standard operating procedures for all activities covered by Aktrion staff
- Revised the shift structure and balanced the resource to mirror the work activity profile
- Refined job combinations to eliminate non-value added tasks activity profile
- Developing business cases for the customer to support change initiatives.